We all sweat the same color
Travis
My friend and personal fitness instructor.
(seriously)
l l l
+of+scan0001.jpg)
Random thoughts and experiences of my first two weeks at the gym.
- No matter what, avoid the mirrors
- My arms hurt so bad that it took me half an hour just to tie my shoes.
- The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the tooth brush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it.
- I did my crunches, though my gut was already aching from holding it in.
- I am sure that I have developed a hernia in both pectorals.
- The thought of doing the treadmill hurt my chest. And then there’s the stair monster. (Why would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by the invention of elevators)?
- Travis thought it would be a good idea to work on my triceps. Well, I have news for you Trav, I don't have triceps. Oh, and if you don't want dents in the floor don't hand me any barbells. They’re heavy and I am going to drop them.
- Travis wanted me to lift dumbbells. Not a chance, the word "dumb" must be in there for a reason.
- I hid in the men's room for an hour. As punishment he made me try the rowing machine. It sank.
- Travis said my screaming was bothering the other club members.
- He says regular exercise would make me live longer. (I can't imagine anything worse).
- If there was any part of my body not in extreme pain I would use it to fix myself a sandwich.
- I think i need a sports bra.
- I was the only person in the place whose head is bigger than his neck.
- I have absolutely no rhythm (that’s right, none) so me on the elliptical is like a hippo trying to balance on a drinking straw.
~ ~ ~ Started 01-01-07 ~ ~ ~

9 comments:
holy crap that was funny, especially the screaming part and hiding in the men's room. cayden WAS asleep but i was laughing too hard and now he's awake. dang you mister funny pants.
you are hilarious. i especially liked the one about living longer.
i cannot believe those pictures of travis are real!
- Aren't all of our heads bigger than our necks?
- If you need a sports bra, I have one you can borrow.
- It would be worth buying a membership just to watch you on the elliptical.
Seriously . . . I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! It is not easy and you have been very dedicated. Keep on keepin on. Love ya!
Wow Travis is hhhawt. I have a feeling he doesn't avoid any mirrors. His house is probably plastered with them. He also appears to be in desperate need of a belt. Maybe you could help him out with that.
Good job on the painful work! Soon your pants will be nearly exposing your privates too!!
haha. super funny mike, i loved it. great list. but know one has really asked the question...why exactly do you have a picture YOUR trainer LIKE THAT?
This is why I like you!!!
He just may be worth paying for a trainer. wow. Believe it or not, Mike - someday you will love going to the gym. Good luck!
Thanks everyone for your comments!! I am on week 4, I have gained 7lbs. and hope to have some more material for you soon.
Why does it look like he's leaning, it looks like he's going to fall over. maybe i'm cross-eyed. i kissed the screeen.
Post a Comment