Friday, August 25, 2006

Winning isn't everything . . . or is it?

Some of you know that ‘prettyryan’ and I were having a little contest. (if you didn’t know this, it was because we didn’t tell you). Being seriously envious of the Rasmussens and the numerous comments they all receive on their blog-post, we both thought that it would be grand if we could receive 20 or more comments on one blog-post. The only rule was that we could not comment on our own post. Not as easy as it sounds. If it weren't for me sweet-talkin Mandi out of the blog closet, Ryan would never have had a chance. Anyways, thanks to Mandi and the 36 (top that Rasmussen Family!) comments that Ryan received, he is truly the blog-post comment gettin' champion.

17 comments:

Mooryan said...

mike. i think you should take a break from blogging for a while...

sugarbritches said...

I'm sorry I just crapped my pants with laughter, and yet I feel so very ashamed. Ryan told us about the poster last night and I thought Dad, Gary and I would die laughing. Dad didn't feel ashamed though.

sugarbritches said...

PS. I didn't see 36 comments on anyones blog. enlighten me.

Mooryan said...

it was on my blog, about amy and the internet. see mike, this is the key...conversations! #4!

Pam and Rand said...

Hi all - Don't feel too envious of the Rasmussen comments - some may seem nice, but most are sarcastic and rude, or outright making fun of our Rasmussen heritage or other things we shouldn't make fun of. Now Lisa needs to explain -

What was the poster?? Let us in on the fun!

Loud Boy said...

The poster is dedicated to prettyryan and the 36 comments that he received on one post. He and I had a contest to see who could get 20 comments on one post first. (he only won because I used his lame post to get Mandi to open her blog to the Moores).

mandi said...

Did the duck make it??

I thought that was pretty ironic that it was only through your help that the enemy won. I think it should be declared a tie. And you're both still retarded.

I agree that conversations are key. You should still be able to comment on your own blog, but just don't include your own comments in the final tally. Sometimes I've had serious questions for you, and when you don't answer, it seems like you don't care, and that's when interest is lost. Like....were the underwear really soiled?? What time IS Lost on?? These were important questions that needed an answer in order to comment further. You should be the mother duck guiding her little baby ducks around the comment pond. While holding a gun to all of their heads.

I need a nap.

Loud Boy said...

Okay Mandi,

Here is the conversational chit-chat that you requested, followed by answers to your serious questions. First I thank you for declaring a tie between prettyryan and myself, and for calling me a retard! I myself do not care to win or even tie for that matter. My only goal was to coax you out of the closet. As for the conversation part of blogging I do apologize for not being here for you. I was unaware of your serious/needy side and I will make every effort to answer your questions in a timely manner.

Now the answers to your serious questions are as follows . . . #1 - (((YES, AS FAR AS I COULD TELL, without picking them up or bending over to get a closer look at them, THE UNDIES WERE DEFIANTLY SOILED). #2 – I have no idea what time LOST is on, sorry. #3 - I removed the duck because prettyryan was having nightmares. I guess running retards and ducks don’t mix. (who knew?) #4 – I am a Papa Duck, therefore I have no idea how to be the mother duck, nor do I care to be the mother duck. This probably explains why my kids are such a mess! (just kidding, my kids are perfect).


Wow, this was a first for me, an actual blog conversation! I feel great now. (all this for a woman whose husband swims in poo filled swamps for money)!

mandi said...

NICE!!! I am so proud of you. Thank you for the answers to my questions. One of those answers has indeed prompted yet another question which equals more comments for you! See how easy this is?

My new question is: were the underpants DEFIANTLY soiled, or did you mean DEFINITELY. Because I really do like the mental image of someone defiantly soiling their pants - it gives the description such richness and depth.

And lastly, I don't think I should be held accountable for my husband's whoring ways. I never said I was proud of it! (Calgon, take me away.....)

Loud Boy said...

Damn the English language for being so confusing for me. I was trying to look smart by using a "big-boy" word.
Now in my defense, nobody really knows if the offender's actions were definite, or defiant. You decide.


(special help from Valerie to prevent spelling errors)

mandi said...

Don't soil your undies over it - everyone in the world spells that word wrong. I just liked the new meaning it gave to the act of soiling. Soiling. There's another good word. Is anyone but me enjoying this conversation?

heidi said...

This totally deserves 20 comments. HILARIOUS.

Jaime said...

I wish I knew what you guys were talking about. Who defiantly soiled there pants? The duck or the retard? I am lost and confused.

Jaime said...

Sorry about my last comment - I read about the soiled undies in the hotel and now I'm up to speed. hehe.

mandi said...

RETARD.

Jaime said...

Shut it Madam Mandlebaum.

heidi said...

That was weird that Alicia was following the comments. Does she still blog?