Thursday, August 17, 2006

Who's been sleeping in your bed?

This week I went to Phoenix for my monthly meeting. I flew in and met with the office staff on Monday. I had a room at the Crown Plaza down the road from my office. I’ve stayed at the Crown many times. This time was different. I checked in around 5:00 p.m., put my thing in my room and left to meet the sales team for dinner. I returned to my room around 8:00 p.m. and call Valerie and the kids. (I always check in with the family). Long story short – I woke up around 6:00 a.m. and went to take a shower, I turned on the water and while it was warming up I went back into the bedroom to get my travel bag. That’s when I noticed something strange . . . no . . . something really strange! I wasn’t sure what it was at first so, I turned on the bedside lamp! There they were right in the middle of the bed that I slept in. WHITEY TIGHTIES! NOT MINE! THEN WHOS? I WAS ALONE LAST NIGHT! WAS I DREAMING? NOooooo! I slept with some dudes (soiled) undies. I wanted to puke. I was so mad, so sick, so totally grossed out! I took the longest shower of my life. I just couldn’t get the feeling of bugs crawling all over me to go away. I had to get out of that room. As I was walking through the lobby to check out I saw the night manager. I told her what had happened and all she said was “I’m sorry this happened to you”. I stood there waiting for more . . . nothing, that was it. She was finished and I was so mad that I had to get out of there. I called back later and talked to the day manager. He shared my anger and frustration. (My company has a huge account with the Crown Plaza). This guy was going to kiss my butt, I knew it. The compensation package was mine to have. What could it be, I mean, this was such a sick, disgusting, (gag, i’m going to be sick again) thing to happen to someone. Surly the hotel has “shut up-money” or something for victims of this type of thing. NOT! I was offered a free room next time I come to town! WHAT! Where is my free chemical peal? The laser skin removal? An acid plunge? NOTHING! I would have settled for a belt sander and an extension cord. My skin is still crawling.

5 comments:

sugarbritches said...

That is SUPER SUPER gross!!! don't you just wonder where they've been? That major grosses me out! I can't believe you weren't better compensated! At least a decent amount of butt kissing.

heidi said...

That is seriously, really creepy. I worked as a housekeeper for a while and that just doesn't happen, if you actually change the sheets and make the bed, like you're supposed to. Sick! That means, oooohhhhh, lots of things could've have gone on in there before you went to sleep. And I know how you guys are so anal about washing your sheets. I hope the housekeeper got in trouble.

Remember when I came home from China and found those large ladies undies in my suitcase?? That was so weird. I still don't have any idea how they got there.

mandi said...

I've never heard that story, Heidi. That's so funny!

Mike - I was reading some of your old posts and you have the weirdest hotel experiences of anyone I know!! Come ON - were they really soiled??? I can't believe how gross that is! Are you sure you're not "hittin the pipe" a little hard these days and hallucinating all of this?

Of course I'm kidding about that. I think you should write Crowne Plaza and demand to be compensated!

Pam and Rand said...

Sorry - Kind of funny - at least you can't catch Aids - but you might get lice, but I don't think you'd get any e-coli. That is seriouly wierd. Maybe you should call get Gebhardt.

Mooryan said...

shudders. being a post whitie tidie wearer, i know the close proximity they can give you. poor mike. "must get clean." heehee. i love that ladie's line...probably the guide book's tag line to use for tripping on the hotel's curb, being over billed, and loosing your whole family to the R in crown falling on and destroying their van.