! ! ThE TwLiGhT ZoNe ! !
Okay, so here is the deal, I've had this terrible headache for three months and because of these headaches I made a small oops when I posted "Happy Easter Everyone" (since deleted). I had a business trip to Denver planned for Wednesday - Thursday this week. Tuesday Evening before I was to go to Denver I posted a Draft of Easter that I thought was twisted in a good way, I've seen the photo for this post before and thought nothing of it, nothing bad or anything like that.
I was'nt feeling very well (headache) and so I called my travel agency and changed my 6:30 a.m. flight to 9:55 a.m. thinking that a little extra sleep would help. As I getting ready to leave on Wednesday morning I tell Valerie that I should just cancel this trip, something about the whole trip felt kind of strange, not, "my plane is going to crash" strange, but you know. But I go anyway, I arrive a the airport with my usual two hours to spare and they have blocked off the entire "A" parking lot and shifted all long-term parking to the "new and improved" larger and farther away than Tooele "B" lot. Not a parking space is to be found, I drive around this amazingly huge "B" lot for 45 minutes looking for a space to park, other travelers have abandoned their cars in just about every "no parking" zone and/or blocked the ends of every isle. I finally find a spot, somewhere south of Springville, and then I walk to shuttle stop #41 and I wait for the shuttle bus. Myself and the other travelers at shuttle stop #41, we continue to wait, we all watch as the "B" shuttle comes into the "B" lot and scurries about picking up other travelers at other shuttle stops, then we watch as the shuttle exits the lot to deliver the happy people to the airport entrance. second shuttle, third shuttle, forth shuttle, now the fifth shuttle passes without even coming close to shuttle stop #41 where my new friends and I wait. Finally an idea! (Not mine) I was just one of the many followers this day. Someone, tired and angry with all the passing shuttles, decides to sprint the hundred or so yards to shuttle stop #45 where the shuttle is just about to stop. We the followers, not wanting to give up our precious place in line, we stand patiently for our leader to return with word on our transportation. She quickly disappears inside the shuttle and is whisked away. We stand dumbfounded, how could this be? Our leader has left us and we know not what to do. Time stands still . . . THEN . . . . we all move slowly toward stop #45, then PANIC, (((THE SHUTTLE IS COMING))) (like a herd of Water-Buffalo surprised by a hungry lion) we all begin to run for the shuttle. We made it, we are on the bus, free from our hell at shuttle stop #41, as the last of us board the shuttle the little old man driver gets on the loud speaker and says "I saw y'all standing out at stop#41, we're not allowed to drive over to that part of the lot yet". MY PLANE IS LEAVING IN 20 MINUTES! I'm thinking that this little driver man should shut-up and drive, drive like there is no tomorrow. I get my boarding pass and squeak through security, I'm there, I made it to my gate, nobody in sight, I can't wait for a Southwest employee, the door to the jet-way is open so I go for it. I walk onto the airplane and find a seat, the door shuts and we are moving . . . then for no reason and no announcement to comfort us the plane stops, now what, we sit and we sit, and we sit. Why is it so quite? Nobody is saying anything, again, the follower in me waits for instructions. 30ish minutes pass, people are having quite conversations, I sit alone (the flight was not full, I had all three seat to myself). Finally the engines start up, we're moving, I'm mad, I'm happy, I', tired and I fall asleep for the rest of the flight. I make it to Denver alive and ready to go . . . 9 of my 12 customers can't see me now, and I missed the lunch appointment that I had scheduled, I drive around some more. Here is the part about the oops post titled Happy Easter Everyone. I get a call from Valerie, she sounds rattled, I ask "what's up". Valerie ask me "when did you post the Easter thing on your blog?" She then say that the picture of the cute little bunny with the basket of eggs has a link on the bottom of it, I tell her that it shouldn't have a link because I just posted the photo from my saved photos, I've done it many times and never had a problem, (this time there was a problem). I posted the photo from an email that came from one of my contractor friends (not all contractors are bad, just the ones that I sell to). Valerie says "THIS PHOTO OPENS A LINK THAT IS BAD, IT HAS NAUGHTY THINGS ON IT! YOU HAVE TO DELETE IT NOW! and YOU MUST POST AN APOLOGY FOR DOING THIS! YOU SiiiICKOooooo! (POST: I am sorry if anyone opened the link on that post, I seriously did not know it was there). I then reschedule everyone for Thursday and headed to my hotel. Holiday Inn, Aurora, Colorado, nice place, I've stayed here many time. I check in around 5:00 p.m. I'm tired, I have a headache. Room 538, King, non-smoking (no upgrades available, the hotel is sold-out tonight), I go to my room, I just want to lie-down, I key in and . . . What's that noise? Why are there clothes and a suitcase on the floor? I'm confused? I turn and walk away as fast as I can, I don't look back (looking back is bad) back to the front desk where I find safety from this awkward moment. Sorry sir but that room shows empty. I'll see if we have another room available, you know we're sold out tonight, Oh, here we go room 508. I call Valerie, I need comfort, Valerie (on the phone) walks to room 508 with me. I key in . . . WHAT'S THIS!!!!!!!! MORE CLOTHES, ANOTHER SUITCASE? WHAT'S GOING ON? WHERE ARE THE CAMERAS? WHO IS BEHIND THIS? I return once again to the safety of the front desk, That can't be right, I show that room empty also, are you sure you saw someones things (not thingey)? They question me, I'm looking around for the host of the poorly planned "reality show" that I just happened to be on. Rhonda, (I know her name now) calls the manager and explains the situation to him. Okay, we have Room 506 ready for you, "I hope you don't mind a little freeway noise". Mario the manager walks me to my new room, knock-knock "hotel staff" nobody answers, Mario keys in and looks around, no clothes, no suitcase, "have a pleasant stay" he disappears. I take my things into room 506, I close the door and lock it, I don't want to be disturbed, I'm tired. WHAT . . . there are no curtains, the block-out shades are barely hanging from couple of those curtain-hooks, I don't care anymore, I get a chair and re-hang the black-out shades. I have to go now, I've had a lot to drink today, I didn't stop anywhere, I head into the bathroom . . . the sink has pulled away from the wall, it's just hanging there, it's about an inch and a half from the bracket that it should be fastened to. I inspect it, maybe I can fix this too, the only thing holding it up is the plumbing, it's not safe, I do my business, I wash my hands in the tub, (yes I did Valerie). I need some sugar, I want a Coke and candy bar, A 12 oz. can of Coke is $1.75, (how do hotel get away with this) the candybar is $1.25, what luck, I have three dollars, I put two dollars in the Coke machine . . .WHAT, no change, I need that quarter for the candy, where is my quarter? I go back to room 506, Coke in hand, no candy. This day sucked, I just want to go home, I'll try again tomorrow, cameras off, reality show over, I did not win the million dollars. I was just in the twilight zone.
3 comments:
I am so sorry for your horrible day, however, you description was totally entertaining for me, I enjoyed it thoroughly. I was there with you the whole time, but without the crappy headache and stress! I was so tired by the time I finished reading I was ready for your well deserved rest. I drank MY Diet Coke but I didn't have a candy bar either. What a day! Holy crap! Again though, I apologize for being so entertained by your obvious day from hell. PS I didn't notice a link and didn't click. Dang now I'm so curious you'll have to tell me what it was!
AAAhhhhhuuuuuuugghhh. That was for sure the Twilight Zone.
I'm jealous of your writing skills.
man, sorry mike, God must have been mad at you...
Post a Comment