My favorite cake I've done (by Valerie)
I took this picture of one of my favorite cakes I've done. At Mike’s request, I made it for Father’s Day. This cake was worthy of a blog since it took me forever to do (about 10 minutes) and it transported well - directly from the pan to our bellies. Sorry to show you up, Lisa. I hope there are no hard feelings.
The other night Valerie, the kids and I were watching an episode of Dr. Phil. The good Doc was interviewing a mother that had admittedly enabled her son Paul to eat and eat and eat. She bribed and reward Paul with food for all of his 32 years. Paul, now weighing in at just under 1000 pounds, could not be with Phil and his mother for the obvious reasons, (he was on the show via satellite). Long story short, Ashby, dear sweet little Ashby, says to me after seeing Paul and hearing how much he weighed. "Dad, you're not even 500 pounds?!"
(This is Paul)

Now get the hell out of my way and let me eat my cake!
5 comments:
wow. somedays i feel like paul. mom cooks me amazing meals that mainly contain butter. it is almost like she is trying to love me through fatty acids. i should write about it more in depth someday...mmmmm, french toast fried in butter...mmm...butter. this is turning into a sugarbritches entry.
That's a really pretty cake Valerie. Poor poor Paul and his screwed up mother.
Valerie, you've reached a zenith, I could never possibly compete with that cake. I give up. I will never try again. As Homer Simpson says, "if at first you don't succeed..never try again". And I shan't. I bow to you my mentor.
I think Paul was dipped and fried in butter himself. Ryan, it's crazy. Mom and I have the same taste in food, butter butter butter, cream, cheese, butter etc. yet, she is waifish and I am...well, Paul.
ps. I laughed my ass off at the cake blog, i forgot to mention it. too funny!
Valerie - that was good. That's my kind of cake making! Ashby is the cutest, sweetest kid. I bet Mike loved that comment.
Post a Comment